Installing Moonshell 2.10 on your CycloDS Evolution
If you are using firmware v1.54 Stable, or below, use these instructions
We recommend upgrading to a more recent firmware, and then using the instructions found further down on this page.
Firmware v1.55 Beta 3, and above (including latest: 2.30)
- REMOVE any other version of Moonshell from your flash cart before continuing.
- Download app:moonshell-2-10 to your Windows desktop
- Double-click on the file to extract the contents to your computer
- Open the folder that was created (it will be called "201002161705_moonshell210stable") and then:
- Double-click on setup.exe to run it
- If you are asked to choose a language, make your choice and click the button to continue(note: this will not affect which language Moonshell 2 will be in once Moonshell 2 is on your micro sd)
- Click on the button titled "Installed to <drive>" if the drive is one your microSD card is using (otherwise select the right one from the combo box first)
- Click on the button titled "Install"
- When you get a message saying that installation has completed, click "OK"
- Open the CycloDS folder on your microSD card and edit config.xml using Notepad
- Change the moonshellPath setting so that it looks like this: <moonshellPath>/moonshl2/moonshl2.nds</moonshellPath> if it already looks that there is no need for you to change it
- Copy moonshl2.nds to the moonshl2 folder
- Copy moonshl2_DirectBoot.nds to the moonshl2 folder
- Copy moonshl2_AltLoader_DKPr27.nds to the moonshl2 folder
- Safely remove your microSD card from the computer and plug it into your CycloDS, then push your CycloDS Evolution into slot 1 of the Nintendo DS
- Turn on the DS and boot the CycloDS from the top-most button on the screen
- Moonshell 2 should launch from the Media button (centre) when you touch it with the stylus and you should be able to choose the language you want Moonshell 2 to be in
Please post a comment if you still need help and we'll reply as quickly as we can.
Did this FAQ help you? If it did, please rate it up!