CycloDS Evolution Firmware vB.3 (GUI BETA)
This is beta firmware, and may not be stable. Use with caution.
Release date: 8th June 2010
CycloDS Evolution BETA firmware vB.3 has been released for testing. Changes include:
- Added text file viewer
- Added option to show all file types in the file browser
- Last played bookmark now shown in main menu bookmark mode
- Old cheat prompt now supported when launching from main menu bookmark
- Internal ROM name is now displaying correctly for homebrew
- Tweak to ROM view in small icon mode (thanks Solanum)
- Fixed problem preventing Stealth Mode being manually enabled
- Maximum number of files per directory increased to 256
- Changes to skin specification to support additional icon types for text file and unknown file
- Various other GUI tweaks
- Game compatibility fixes (DSi 0054, 4900, 4904, 4913, 4916)DSi 0054: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (E)
4900: Jam with the Band (E)
4904: Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadow (U)
4913: G.G Series Collection + (J)
4916: Tetris Party Deluxe (U)
You can customise the colours for the text viewer. For example, for white text on black background, add the following to skin.xml:
<text-view-bg colour="000000"/> <text-view-font colour="FFFFFF"/>
For details on the new BETA firmware line, please see the original thread here.
NOTE: For 4913, if you have used an un-patched ROM on a previous firmware release then you must delete the old .sav file to disable the "protection triggered" flag.
EDIT: Team Cyclops has uploaded a new build of B.3 with two small tweaks - the save file is now created correctly for "Jam With the Band" and DSx86 has been fixed. If you are having issues with either of these titles then please re-download the firmware using the link on this page (we recommend using the "CycloDS Revolution" mirror).
CycloDS Revolution strongly recommends that you post bug reports on the Team Cyclops forums. If the anti-spam system says that your email address is banned, you should try using your ISP's email address instead of a freely available one like Gmail or Hotmail.